All about this year's $1,000,000 Raffle:
- Best odds ever at winning $1,000,000.
- Only 250,000 tickets to be sold and when they're gone, they're gone!
- $10 per ticket.....sold only in Idaho!
- This year's game offers the most prizes ever awarded, 6,714.
Odds above are based on all 250,000 tickets being sold.
- HURRY! The sale of tickets will end when the 250,000th ticket is sold.
- Sign your ticket and keep it safe until the winning numbers are announced. You will need to present your ticket to claim your prize.
Every 25,000th Ticket Sold Wins $1,000 Instantly!
To celebrate ten years of Raffle, ten lucky players are going to win $1,000 instantly when they purchase a 25,000th ticket. Here's how it works:
- The player who buys ticket with the numbers 025000, 050000, 075000, 100000, 125000, 150000, 175000, 200000, 225000, and 250000 will receive a serial-numbered voucher stating they've won a $1,000 prize!
- This prize must be claimed at Lottery offices in Boise.
Jacob Christopherson was still in disbelief when he showed up at the Lottery office to claim his $1,000,000 prize. “I had been buying tickets around the 25000th tickets, trying to win one of the $1,000 prizes. I stopped in the Maverik by my mom’s house and just bought one to see what the current ticket number was,” described Christopherson on the purchase of his ticket and referring to the Idaho Lottery’s instant win feature that occurred once each 25000th ticket purchased. “It was just a random purchase.” That random purchased turned out to be the top prize winner in the Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle game, making Christopherson the Idaho Lottery’s newest millionaire and the ninth in this game’s history. Jacob plans to invest his winnings wisely and use some of it to pursue is passion of playing golf.
Evelyn Jenkins ended 2014 by watching the live announcement of the Idaho Lottery’s $1,000,000 Raffle from the Idaho Potato Drop on New Year’s Eve on television. She’s starting out 2015 as the Idaho Lottery’s 51st millionaire after matching the Raffle winning number to one of the numbers on her five tickets and then claiming her $1,000,000 at Idaho Lottery offices on Thursday morning.
read entire story
"I turned on the TV to watch the announcement on Channel 7 and was holding my tickets in my hands when they announced the winning number," described Luella Rowe, one of the three winners. "I didn’t even look down. I knew I was holding the winner. I couldn't believe it. Still not sure I do believe it." read entire story
"We were a little slow in taking down our decorations this year," explained Rossiter when he claimed the winning ticket at Idaho Lottery offices. "I pulled the ticket off the tree and went to check the number on the Internet just to be sure it wasn't a winner before we threw it away. When I did, holy moly, we had the $1,000,000 ticket." read entire story
For six months, a group of co-workers from the Wal-Mart store in Ontario, Oregon pooled their resources to save up money to play the Idaho Lottery's annual Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle. The group of five friends, who have worked together for at least five years, started saving $10 a paycheck in late June 2011. Once the Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle began, the group's leader Aaron O'Neil began buying a couple of tickets each day the Raffle was offered for sale. the persistence paid off on Tuesday, January 3, 2012 when the group claimed the Raffle's top prize of $1,000,000 at Lottery headquarters in Boise. read entire story
Even after calling her accountant to work out the details of her win, Floyd remained calm and not too excited to claim her big prize. That is until she started describing her plans for her windfall. "I have it all planned out. I am going to take care of a few things for me, then I'm going to take care of my family and my church," explained Floyd, who becomes the Idaho Lottery's 25th millionaire. "Giving it away excites me more than anything else." read entire story
"I had a couple of tickets in the car that I went out to get and check," said Miller sheepishly, who admitted he had signed the tickets after purchasing them. "I told them I had one ticket in the 59,000's and when I read the number, my sister Elizabeth told me it was the winner!" read entire story
Gregg & Kathie OwenBuhl2008$1,000,000
Gregg Owen left for the Ridley's Food store in Buhl the day before Thanksgiving with a grocery list from his wife Cathie that included all the trimmings for a holiday dinner, plus what turned out to be two very important items. "At the bottom of the list it said 2 Raffle tickets," said Owen. "She gave me the $20 to get two tickets, so I stopped and picked them up. It was the best $20 investment we've made." read entire story
Veterans Day will have a new meaning for Bob Chester, a retired United States Marine, who bought his $1,000,000 winning raffle ticket very early in the morning on Veterans Day on November 11, 2007 in the 11th minute of sales for the Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle. Chester sent a Happy New Year's Day card to his family members that said that had one million reasons to watch the news after he learned he was the winner. read entire story
2016 Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle Official Rules
Price of each Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle ticket: $10.00
Raffle Start and End Date: Sales of Raffle tickets begin at 4:00 p.m. MT, October 21, 2016 and end at 11:59 p.m. MT on December 31st, 2016 or upon the sale of the last available Raffle ticket; whichever occurs first. (Lottery reserves the right to extend “End of Sales” date as needed).
Total quantity available for sale: 250,000
1- $1,000,000 winner
2- $10,000 winners
500- $250 winners
6,200- $25 winners
All prizes will be a single lump sum payment representing the prize amount and are subject to federal and state taxes and any offset required by Idaho Law.
Winner Announcement: January 5, 2017 at 9:59 p.m. MT. Watch your local draw station for the announcement: KTVB, Channel 7 in the Treasure Valley; KTFT, Channel 7 in the Magic Valley; KPVI, News 6 in Eastern Idaho and KLEW, CBS3 in Lewiston, Moscow area.
Tickets made payable: Tickets will be made payable immediately after the Winner Announcement
Eligibility: You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase, sell, or redeem an Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle ticket.
- There will be a total of 250,000 Raffle tickets available for sale that can be purchased anywhere Idaho Lottery draw games are sold.
- Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle tickets will have a unique number from 000001 to 250000 printed from the Lottery terminal and will be issued in sequential order throughout the state. As a result, if a player buys more than one ticket at a time, the tickets may not be in consecutive sequential order.
- Players cannot pick their own numbers.
- For purchases on any Player Activated Terminal you must use the dedicated Raffle playslip.
- No additional tickets will be available for purchase when all 250,000 tickets are sold.
- Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle tickets cannot be canceled or voided.
- Any Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle ticket created in error at the retailer location is the responsibility of the retailer.
- Any tickets that are verified by Lottery Security as not sellable due to system or technical error shall be removed from the drawing for winner selection.
- A record of all ticket numbers removed from the draw will be kept by Lottery Security.
- All Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle tickets will be sold by authorized Idaho Lottery retailers only.
- Each unique Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle ticket will only win one prize in the drawing.
- To win, you must match your number in exact order to the winning number drawn.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must present your original Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle ticket at Idaho Lottery headquarters to claim the $1,000,000 and $10,000 prizes. Raffle ticket numbers must match identically, in exact order, to the number drawn by the Idaho Lottery. All winning tickets for the $250 and $25 prizes can be validated and claimed at any Idaho Lottery retailer or at the Idaho Lottery headquarters. Sign your Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle ticket immediately upon purchase and keep it safe until the drawing.
Drawing: The drawing will be conducted on January 5th, 2016 or within four (4) BUSINESS days after the sale of the last ticket. Winner need not be present to win.
Are you a winner?: You can check to see if your Raffle Ticket is a winner by one of the following methods after the draw:
- Visit any participating Idaho Lottery retailer and either look for the posted winning numbers or have the retailer scan your signed ticket.
- Call our Winning Numbers Hotline at 1-208-334-4656.
Claim your prize:
- $1,000,000 and $10,000 prize winners – contact the Idaho Lottery at 1-208-334-2277 immediately. Winners must claim their prize at Idaho Lottery headquarters.
- $250 and $25 prize winners – visit any Idaho Lottery retailer after the draw or visit Idaho Lottery headquarters.
- Prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the drawing date.
- Top prize winners will be required to complete a Winner Claim Form, Claim Form Addendum, present a valid government issued photo identification (i.e., valid driver’s license, passport, ID card), and any other documentation requested by the Idaho Lottery.
2016 RAFFLE 25,000th PROMOTION RULES:
Promotion Description: Ten (10) lucky players will win $1,000 instantly when they purchase a 25,000th Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle ticket. The purchase of the Raffle ticket with one of these numbers: 025000; 050000; 075000; 100000; 125000; 150000; 175000; 200000; 225000; and 250000 will produce a voucher that you can redeem for a prize of $1,000. These prizes must be claimed at Lottery headquarters.
Promotion Dates: Starting October 21, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. MT until Raffle ticket number 250000 is sold.
Details: During this promotion every 25,000th Idaho $1,000,000 Raffle ticket sold will also produce a voucher that awards the player $1,000. You must keep your vouchers for presentation to Lottery Officials to collect your prize. Prizes will not be awarded without the voucher and appropriate numbered Raffle ticket. In order to collect your prize you must redeem that voucher at the Lottery office.
All prize fulfillments are subject to compliance with any State, Federal or local laws.
You must be at least 18 years of age to buy, sell, or redeem Lottery tickets in Idaho. Persons under 18 cannot participate in any Lottery promotion, giveaway or game.
To claim the prize at the Idaho Lottery office in Boise (1199 Shoreline Lane Boise, Idaho):
- Sign and complete the information on the back of the voucher.
- The winner must present the voucher and appropriate Raffle numbered ticket to Lottery Officials to process their claim.
- Possession of the voucher is the only method the Lottery has to verify your claim.
- You must complete and sign a claim form and claim form addendum. You can get this form off of the Idaho Lottery website, (www.idaholottery.com)
- When you visit the Lottery Offices in Boise, you will need the voucher, claim form and government issued photo identification to claim your prize.
To claim your prize by mail:.
- Sign and complete the information on the back of the voucher.
- Enclose a copy of appropriate Raffle numbered ticket and the original voucher.
- You must also complete and sign a claim form and a claim form addendum. You can get these forms from the Idaho Lottery website (www.idaholottery.com) or request them from the Lottery office.
- Make a copy of your government issued photo identification.
- Mail the voucher, copy of the appropriate numbered Raffle ticket, completed claim form, claim form addendum and your government issued photo identification to the Lottery. Send into PO Box 6537 Boise ID 83702.